The City of Knoxville’s Office of Special Events is now accepting applications from organizers wanting to reserve and host events at Suttree Landing Festival Lawn in South Knoxville.
“Suttree Landing is a unique space with its own benefits and challenges,” said Special Events Director Judith Foltz. “We’re excited to work with local event planners to help organize concerts, festivals and other kinds of events that utilize the park’s beauty and riverfront location.”
Like it does for Market Square, the Old City, World’s Fair Park and other event venues throughout downtown, the Office of Special Events will accept permit applications for events to be held on the Suttree Landing Festival Lawn and assist planners in coordinating security plans, safety procedures, parking, portable toilets, signage and other festival basics.
Due to the park’s close proximity to residential neighborhoods, a limited number of large events will be permitted in the park during the year. Large events are those that are expected to draw crowds of 500 or more, and the final determination will be made by City staff.
In addition, parking by event attendees in nearby neighborhoods will be prohibited, and City crews will post signs to that effect during events. Violators will be towed at their expense. ADA parking is provided on site.
Free after-hours and weekend event parking is located at the Riverwalk Parking Garage, 2011 Kay St., that faces East Blount Avenue. On weekdays, the front visitor surface lot and 100 spaces in the garage are for Regal Entertainment Group’s exclusive use, with the remainder reserved for One Riverwalk residents.
Event organizers will be responsible for providing guests with shuttles to and from this City-owned garage, which has 250 parking spaces on levels 6, 7 and 8 that are free and available to the public from 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. weekdays and all day on weekends. A 52-space surface parking lot behind the garage is available for public parking during those same hours.
Additional Suttree Landing Festival Lawn rental information:
- Cost for renting the Festival Lawn is $750, $550 for nonprofit groups, or $100 per hour with a four-hour minimum.
- Events that require amplified sound can only be held on a Friday or a Saturday. And those events cannot begin before 12 noon and must end by 9 p.m.
- Beer and alcoholic beverages will be allowed on the lawn in accordance with City of Knoxville Ordinance O-153-2017.
- Vendor tents must be erected in accordance with the Fire Department’s tent policy and weighted (40 lbs. per leg).
- No boats or swimming will be allowed at the park.
- Portable toilets are required and must be placed in the approved location.
- Staking signage, tents or any other item is prohibited on the lawn.
For additional information, please contact the Office of Special Events at 865-215-4248 or go to the City of Knoxville’s website: www.knoxvilletn.gov/specialevents.