Keep Knoxville Beautiful will host a Trash Run in East Knoxville on Thursday, May 31. Check-in will begin at Last Days of Autumn Brewing at 808 East Magnolia Avenue at 5:30 p.m. and the run will start at 6:00.
The Trash Run is a non-competitive fun run and litter pickup for runners/walkers of all ages. There is no designated route for the event; rather, participants are encouraged to spend an hour running or walking and collecting litter in the area. Keep Knoxville Beautiful will provide maps, gloves, bags, safety vests, and litter-pickers.
At the conclusion of the run at 7:00, participants are invited to enjoy $2 off beer and will have the chance to win prizes, courtesy of Last Days of Autumn Brewing, Mabry-Hazen House, and Chandler’s Deli. The event is free but participants must register at http://www.keepknoxvillebeautiful.org/upcoming/2018/5/31/trash-run or by visiting KeepKnoxvilleBeautiful.org and clicking on the Upcoming Events link.
East Knoxville is Keep Knoxville Beautiful’s Community of the Year through June 2018, and this is one of the last events that KKB will host in the area. Please join Keep Knoxville Beautiful at the Trash Run and help make East Knoxville a cleaner, greener, more beautiful place to live.
About Keep Knoxville Beautiful
Founded in 1978 to help “clean up” prior to the 1982 World’s Fair, Keep Knoxville Beautiful is a local non-profit with a mission to promote a cleaner, greener, and more beautiful community. We pursue this by:
- Educating students and the public about waste-prevention, litter, recycling, and environmental stewardship
- Facilitating and supporting litter pickups that make our roads and local waterways cleaner
- Creating and protecting murals and hosting beautification mobs to make Knoxville a more beautiful and interesting place to live and visit
During 2017, we
- Facilitated or supported 59 litter pickups
- Collected 57,515 pounds of litter
- Planted 20,000+ daffodil and tulip bulbs
- Planted 101 trees
- Reached 1,507 kids with our presentations
- Used our recycling trailer and recycling bins to provide recycling for 8 events
- Worked with 1,365 volunteers
- Facilitated 5,206 volunteer hours
To learn more about Keep Knoxville Beautiful, visit keepknoxvillebeautiful.org